I haven’t caught the Dancing With the Stars or So You Think You Can Dance bugs, but I love the idea of ABC’s Let’s Dance, the upcoming reality series in which celebs will be asked to re-create famous dance routines, like Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze‘s Dirty Dancing number or Britney Spears‘ dance from the “Oops, I Did It Again” video (which Jack and Grace also memorably performed on an episode of Will & Grace).
What other famous dances might the celebs on Let’s Dance shake their groove thangs to? How ’bout these memorable TV toe tappers …
– Turk’s re-enactment of the Bel Biv DeVoe “Poison” video on Scrubs – As Janitor says, “He’s so damn talented.”
– The Batusi – He may have been the Caped Crusader, but he’s one big spazzoid on the dance floor.
– The Perfect Strangers Dance of Joy – Oh, Balki!
– The Urkel Dance from Family Matters – “… and stick out your pelvis, I’m telling you baby, it’s better than Elvis.”
– Carlton’s Oprah Dance from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air – No one was ever more excited than Carlton to meet The Big O.
– The Bartman from The Simpsons – Yep, even Martin and Milhouse could do The Bartman.
– Elaine’s “Little Kicks” Dance from Seinfeld – Says George, “It’s like a full body dry heave set to music.” Indeed.
– The Brady Bunch‘s “Keep On Movin’” – “The wheels are hummin’ and the guitar’s strummin’ …”
– Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean” dance from the Motown anniversary special in 1983 – If you say you didn’t try to moonwalk after watching it, you’re just lyin’.
And more memorable TV dances:
– The Huxtables’ song-and-dance routine to Ray Charles‘ “Night Time Is the Right Time” for Cliff’s parents’ anniversary on The Cosby Show
– Elvis the Pelvis – Elvis Presley‘s hip swivelin’ on The Ed Sullivan Show, so hot that Sullivan later decided Elvis could only be shown from the waist up (though home viewers knew when Elvis was doin’ his thang by the screams of the studio audience)
– Dieter’s Sprockets dance on Saturday Night Live – How many other TV dances have been part of a major lawsuit?
– Will & Grace, most episodes
– Barack Obama dances on The Ellen DeGeneres Show
– Ally McBeal and the dancing baby
– Fred Flintstone’s The Frantic – Thank goodness Barney was a butterfingers with the bowling ball!
Did I miss any? What’s your all-time favorite TV dance?
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred – returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) [...]
I am really inspired together......continue
hey katey i like how u an......continue
Hello my loved one! I......continue