All the tube news that’s fit to surf …
– Jennifer Aniston‘s latest big-screen venture, The Switch, made a poor debut at the box office last weekend, but good news on the TV front: she’ll guest star in the season two premiere of BFF and former Friends co-star Courteney Cox‘s Cougar Town on Sept. 22. PS – After many a movie flop, who thinks Aniston should grab a TV series of her own? PSS – She’s also reportedly interested in a role in that Arrested Development movie (with The Switch co-star Jason Bateman) we’re all waiting (and waiting and waiting and …) for.
– Put that Behind the Music episode on American Idol alum Fantasia on your schedule for tomorrow night (9PM ET, VH1), because the timely episode includes scoop from the singer on the married man scandal that led to her recent suicide attempt.
– EW.com has a preview of Betty White guest-starring on Community in the season two premiere on Sept. 23.
– American Chopper star Paul Teutul Jr. got married last week, and no, though his father (and American Choppers: Senior vs. Junior rival) was invited, he didn’t attend. Sad.
– Modern Family season two: All about the upcoming Cam/Mitchell kiss.
– Lessons learned from last week’s Lost memorabilia auction: People love Lost a loooooot more than anyone guessed, and those Lost fans apparently have quite a bit of extra cash laying around. Among the goodies that sold at a premium: A signed script that was estimated to go for $300, but actually went for $18,000 (no, there are not too many zeroes there), and an Oceanic Airlines water bottle that was estimated to go for $200, but ultimately went for $1,680. Water bottles!
– This sounds like a must-TiVo show: Rachael Ray will launch a new show on The Cooking Channel called Week in a Day, in which she’ll show viewers how to cook a whole week of meals in just one day. The show will air on Saturday afternoons and premieres on Sept. 25.
– TMZ claims Spencer Pratt is trying to blackmail estranged wife Heidi Montag into starring in another reality show with him by threatening to release their sex tapes. Of course, as with everything involving these two, there’s also a good chance that the whole thing is a giant publicity scam. Sigh … there are no winners in this case, least of all viewers.
– Here’s how The Situation from The Jersey Shore is going to earn $5 million this year.
– And before this Sunday’s primetime Emmy telecast, the aforementioned Betty White has already snagged an Emmy for her Saturday Night Live hosting gig.
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred — returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]