(ALL TIMES ET)
8:30PM | FOOD NETWORK – 2ND SEASON PREMIERE
Kid in a Candy Store – The second season premiere of this intentionally over-the-top sweet series makes for perfect Valentine’s Day viewing. Host Adam Gertler kicks off another round of visits to some of the coolest candy, ice cream, cake, cookie, pie and other dessert venues, which, tonight, includes the awesome Papabubble store in New York City. Toothbrushes, hats, rings and lollipops shaped like eggs and roses are among the gorgeous, personalized Papabubble candies that are almost too cool to eat (though you will, because they also come in yummy flavors like kiwi, passion fruit and pink grapefruit).
CHECK LOCAL LISTINGS FOR TIME AND CHANNEL
Ellen – Ellen scores the big award winners today, with BAFTA (and sure-thing Oscar) winner Colin Firth, as well as last night’s big Grammy winners, Lady Antebellum.
CHECK LOCAL LISTINGS FOR TIME AND CHANNEL
Jeopardy – There’s nothing elementary about this Watson, a computer who’s going to challenge Jeopardy uber-champion Ken Jennings in a three-day tournament.
8PM | NBC
Chuck – The return of Sarah’s former spy girl pals means trouble for Morgan, when his one-time hook-up wants a do over.
8PM | CBS
How I Met Your Mother – Welcome to Barney’s new Feb. 13 holiday for lonely women: Desperation Day.
8PM | ABC FAMILY
Pretty Little Liars – Guess who has a parent-teacher conference with Ezra? Yep, his girlfriend’s daddy.
8:30PM | CBS – SERIES PREMIERE
Mad Love – So many Hollywood romantic cliches in this sitcom, including a meet cute atop the Empire State Building, best friends who hate each other and New Yorkers trying to find love. Despite that, it’s a likable cast, including Scrubs and Roseanne alum Sarah Chalke, American Pie‘s Jason Biggs, Reaper scene stealer Tyler Labine and perpetual chick flick BFF (speaking of cliches) Judy Greer.
9PM | THE CW
Gossip Girl – Chuck makes one more big play to save his father’s company.
10PM | E!
Fashion Police – Let the feathers fly, as Lady Gaga‘s egg entrance and Cee Lo‘s chicken-y frock will certainly be amongst the topics on this special post-Grammys edition of Fashion Police.
10PM | CBS
Hawaii Five-O – Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo guest star. Hey, 98 Degrees money alone isn’t going to pay for that second wedding.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
– Nelly guest stars on 90210 (8PM, The CW);
– On The Bachelor (8PM, ABC), Brad and the remaining six women head to Anguilla, though only four will get roses;
– It’s doggies, doggies, doggies at the opening night of the 135th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show (8PM, USA);
– Back-to-back episodes of The Unpoppables (8 and 8:30PM, TLC) find the gang making the Eiffel Tower and a wedding dress out of balloons;
– William Shatner guests on American Pickers (9PM, History), when he asks the fellas to help furnish his home in Kentucky;
– On Cake Boss (9PM, TLC), a client asks Buddy to make a cake shaped like a toilet (and to make it actually flush);
– A snowstorm on Greek (9PM, ABC Family) strands the gang at Dobler’s, where they hash out some stresses about their romantic futures;
– Another Valentine’s-y special: The documentary When Strangers Click (9PM, HBO), about five people who went looking for love online;
– On Castle (10PM, ABC), Richard and Beckett butt heads when his old pal is the main suspect in the killing of the guy’s wife;
– Heavy (10PM, A&E) features a father who’s trying to whittle down his 597-pound weight;
– Drama on Lizard Lick Towing (10PM, truTV), as Ron and Bobby repossess a cable van while the driver is on a call, and on the customer’s roof!;
– Big Love star Chloe Sevigny is a guest judge on RuPaul’s Drag Race (10PM, LOGO);
– On Skins (10PM, MTV), Stan will fail his junior year if he misses one more day of school, so when he oversleeps and misses the bus … well, let’s just say there’s a stolen car involved;
– It’s more like a takedown on Tabatha’s Salon Takeover (10PM, Bravo), when Tabatha meets up with a crabby stylist who bullies her co-workers and boss;
– On back-to-back episodes of Shatner’s Raw Nerve (10PM, Bio), The Shat chats with Penny Marshall and Glee star Jessalyn Gilsig;
– On an It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia classic (10:30PM, Comedy Central), we learn the D.E.N.N.I.S. method of picking up women (in an episode that features the real-life wife of star Glenn Howerton as the object of Dennis’ scam).
And the late-night line-up:
– Conan (11PM, TBS): Justin Bieber, the Black Keys and Claire Smith;
– The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (11PM, Comedy Central): Edward Glaeser;
– The Colbert Report (11:30PM, Comedy Central): LCD Soundsystem;
– The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS): Tom Brokaw and the top 10 list presented by Sports Illustrated swimsuit models;
– The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35PM, NBC): Lady Gaga, John Legend and Sofia Vergara;
– Lopez Tonight (Midnight, TBS): R. Kelly and the cast of The Real Housewives of Orange County;
– Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05AM, ABC): Martin Lawrence, Jewel and Dianna Agron;
– Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM, NBC): Greyson Chance, Mike Birbiglia and January Jones;
– The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:37AM, CBS): Bob Barker and Melissa Rauch;
– Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM, NBC): Ryan Case (REPEAT).
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred — returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]