(ALL TIMES ET)
10:30PM | COMEDY CENTRAL – SERIES PREMIERE
Sports Show With Norm McDonald – Tiger Woods, Barry Bonds and the Masters tournament are among Norm‘s opening night topics in this new series in which, as the title suggests, the funny guy gives his unique take on the world of sports.
Check Local Listings for Time | PBS
Independent Lens – Graffiti artist-turned-toast of the art world Jean-Michel Basquiat is the topic of this Frontline edition, which follows the Brooklyn-born artist’s life from his early days of SAMO graffiti through his friendships with Vincent Gallo and Andy Warhol, his major successes in the art world and, tragically, his heroin overdose at age 27.
8PM | COOKING CHANNEL
Eat Street – The new series will spotlight street food throughout North America, beginning with a grilled cheese sandwich truck in Los Angeles and the yummy Schnitzel & Things truck in NYC.
8PM | CBS
NCIS – The murder, and the murderer, of a Navy lieutenant was caught on tape, but Gibbs and company still have to identify the face of the killer, who happens to be a petty officer.
9PM | WE – SERIES PREMIERE
Braxton Family Values – R&B diva Toni Braxton and her sister are the subjects of this new reality series, which, from the premiere, looks to include a looooot of sibling discord (read: catfighting).
9PM | NGC
Conspirator: The Plot to Kill Lincoln – Another NGC special marking the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, Conspirator tells the story of Mary Surratt, the first woman executed by the U.S. government, after she was convicted of being involved in the plot to kill Abraham Lincoln. The story also unfolds on the big screen this week in The Conspirator, the Robert Redford-directed flick starring Robin Wright as Surratt.
9PM | DISCOVERY – 7TH SEASON PREMIERE
Deadliest Catch – New season, two new captains.
9:30PM | FOX
Traffic Light – Still feeling guilty about ruining Mike’s bachelor party years earlier, Adam throws him a do-over soiree, which gets predictably out of hand.
10PM | CBS
The Good Wife – The election results are in …
10PM | SYFY
Marcel’s Quantum Kitchen – On the menu for a luau-themed celebration: short ribs and tabletop volcanoes that dispense pineapple dipping sauce.
10PM | WE – SERIES PREMIERE
Sinbad: It’s Just Family – The comedian’s trying to spark a career, and marital, comeback in this reality show, which finds him moving back in with his wife, who he recently remarried.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
– On Biggest Loser: Couples (8PM, NBC), the teams go to New Zealand, where they go skydiving and have to climb 51 flights of stairs;
– The British chef tries to makeover the food program in Los Angeles schools on the season two premiere of Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution (8PM, ABC);
– Will Kirstie Alley‘s shoe fumble cost her on tonight’s Dancing With the Stars results show (9PM, ABC)?;
– Frontline (9PM, PBS) takes a look at “Football High,” the very competitive – and lucrative – world of high school football;
– Techie Eric goes undercover for the first time on NCIS: Los Angeles (9PM, CBS);
– A med student gets makeover help on What Not to Wear (9PM, TLC);
– Lifetime’s new reality series Playdates (9:30PM) follows a group of NYC preschoolers in their first days at school;
– The team has to reassemble the victim when they find severed body parts on Body of Proof (10PM, ABC);
– On Fabulous Beekman Boys (10PM, Planet Green), Brent and Josh are launching new products and interacting with fans at a book signing;
– I (Almost) Got Away With It (10PM, ID) profiles a quirky thief who liked to steal things like Crystal Gayle‘s tour bus;
– Amber quits her job and heads down a bad path on Parenthood (10PM, NBC).
And the late-night line-up:
– Conan (11PM, TBS): Gordon Ramsay and Hayden Panettiere;
– The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (11PM, Comedy Central): Gov. Deval Patrick;
– The Colbert Report (11:30PM, Comedy Central): Ray Kurzweil;
– The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS): Foo Fighters and Ricky Gervais;
– The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35PM, NBC): Kristen Bell and Austin “Chumlee” Russell from Pawn Stars;
– Lopez Tonight (Midnight, TBS): Christian Slater;
– Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05AM, ABC): Morgan Spurlock and Emma Roberts;
– Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM, NBC): Ted Danson and Kenny Rogers (REPEAT);
– The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:37AM, CBS): Wynonna Judd;
– Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM, NBC): Amanda Palmer (REPEAT).
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred — returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]