(ALL TIMES ET)
9PM | HBO
Too Big to Fail – Curtis Hanson (8 Mile) directs and Peter Gould (Breaking Bad) wrote the screenplay for this adaptation of Andrew Ross Sorkin‘s bestselling book about the 2008 financial crisis. The flick revolves around the efforts of government officials and Wall Streeters to control the disaster, and the all-star cast includes Paul Giamatti as Ben Bernanke, Billy Crudup as Timothy Geithner, William Hurt as Henry Paulson, Ed Asner as Warren Buffet, Dan Hedaya as Barney Frank, James Woods as Dick Fuld and Bill Pullman as Jamie Dimon. And stay tuned after the movie for Too Big to Fail: Opening the Vault to the Financial Crisis (10:45PM), in which Sorkin, financial experts and journalists discuss the events portrayed in the movie.
CHECK LOCAL LISTINGS FOR TIME AND CHANNEL
Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular – In part one of the two-episode celebration leading up to The Big O’s series finale, Will Smith, Tom Hanks and Madonna are among the celebs who pop in to pay homage to Oprah.
8PM | FOX – 7TH SEASON FINALE
House – House goes completely over the top (even by House standards), and it may mean the end of his relationships with both Wilson and Cuddy. Especially since Cuddy, a.k.a. Lisa Edelstein, is leaving the series …
8:30PM | FOOD NETWORK – 2ND SEASON FINALE
Kid in a Candy Store – Among the treats Adam samples on factory tours: Moon Pies and the yummy candy bars of the Zingermans company, including the Zzang and Wowza bars.
9PM | ABC – 7TH SEASON PREMIERE
The Bachelorette – Brad Womack‘s runner-up, dental student Ashley Hebert, meets 25 dudes who vie for her attention, including one who, on the first night, “introduces” her to his mother (via speakerphone … still creepy), one she already knows and one who gets sloppy drunk.
9PM | FOX – SERIES FINALE
The Chicago Code – Another good show bites the dust. Sigh. In the series ender, Teresa and Jarek lay all their cards on the table in the case against Gibbons, and Jarek vows to make things right at home.
9PM | NBC – SERIES FINALE
The Event – Simon, Vicky, Sterling and Sean race to stop the spreading of the virus, and the portal begins to open.
9PM | BRAVO
Real Housewives of New Jersey – More fallout from last week’s season opener: The Brownstone hosts a fashion show, and Teresa‘s cousin Kathy makes the mistake of trying to throw her weight around … with Caroline.
10PM | DISCOVERY FIT & HEALTH – SERIES PREMIERE
World’s Worst Teens – Take the title literally (or, as Parks and Recreation‘s Chris would say, “lit-rally”) … these are troubled teens, including tonight’s violent, drug-abusing 14-year-old.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
- it’s the final performance show of the season for Dancing With the Stars (8PM, ABC);
- It’s time for Adrian’s baby shower, but everyone’s busy fighting on The Secret Life of the American Teenager (8PM, ABC Family);
- The OCC crew makes a Deadliest Catch bike on American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior (9PM, Discovery);
- It’s a two-hour block of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Comedy Central (9PM);
- Nadia Comaneci and Bart Conner guest star on the season 2 finale of Make It or Break It (9PM, ABC Family);
- Secret Seattle sights are the topic on Off Limits (9PM, Travel);
- Glee star Chris Colfer has a compelling chat with Piers on Piers Morgan Tonight (9PM, CNN);
- RJ tries to get back at Max for ruining his birthday on The Hard Times of RJ Berger (10PM, MTV);
- The detectives deal with a fire in Malibu, and discover a second fire was started to cover up a crime on Law & Order: Los Angeles (10PM, NBC);
- Coop considers starting a family and contacts an old fling via Facebook on Nurse Jackie (10PM, Showtime);
- Food Net stars reveal the restaurants that serve what they consider to be the best fried chicken on Best Thing I Ever Ate (10:30PM, Food Network);
- Tara has an abusive new alter, prompting Dr. Hattaras to introduce her to the co-chair of the psych department on United States of Tara (10:30PM, Showtime).
And the late-night line-up:
- Conan (11PM, TBS): Ken Jeong;
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (11PM, Comedy Central): Albert Brooks (REPEAT);
- The Colbert Report (11:30PM, Comedy Central): Geoffrey Rush (REPEAT);
- The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS): Eric Stonestreet and Lady Gaga;
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35PM, NBC): Dustin Hoffman and The Script;
- Lopez Tonight (Midnight, TBS): Norm Macdonald and Jerry Springer;
- Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05AM, ABC): Wanda Sykes and Ashley Hebert;
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM, NBC): Matthew Bomer and Queen Latifah;
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:37AM, CBS): Jack Black;
- Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM, NBC): Adam Carolla.
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred – returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) [...]
I am really inspired together......continue
hey katey i like how u an......continue
Hello my loved one! I......continue