(ALL TIMES ET)
9PM, SUN | MTV
2011 MTV Movie Awards – It’s the 20th anniversary of the MTV Movie Awards, and Saturday Night Live funny guy Jason Sudeikis, whose Horrible Bosses looks like it’s going to be one of the summer’s best reasons for plunking down $13 (NYC prices, sigh) for a movie ticket, is the host with the most. Reese Witherspoon is getting the network’s Generation Award (it really is an honor, even though receiving such an accolade on MTV prolly means you’re considered old amongst viewers), the Foo Fighters are performing and Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Steve Carell, Emma Stone, Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel, Patrick Dempsey, Cameron Diaz, Jason Segel, Jesse Eisenberg, Aziz Ansari, Danny McBride and Nicki Minaj are among the awards passer outers. PS – For a look back at the Movie Awards’ most memorable moments from the past two decades, check out my “20 Most Memorable Moments at the MTV Movie Awards” feature at MTV’s NextMovie.com.
10PM, SAT | BBC AMERICA
The Graham Norton Show – Hangover 2 stars Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms stop by to chat with Graham about their new flick, while Rob Lowe visits to discuss his fun new autobio Stories I Only Tell My Friends. And Lowe and Cooper recall their personal and professional experiences with Sarah Jessica Parker.
8PM, SUN | TCM
TCM Essentials Jr. – Saturday Night Live funny guy Bill Hader, who is, hands down, one of the funniest guys in Hollywood, hosts this June-August miniseries that spotlights classic movies perfect for introducing kids to film. First up: The Adventures of Robin Hood, the 1938 swashbuckler starring Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland. Flicks in the line-up later this summer include Singin’ in the Rain (June 26), King Kong (July 3), Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939), the Marx Brothers gem Horse Feathers (July 17) and My Man Godfrey (Aug. 28).
9PM, SUN | HISTORY – 5TH SEASON PREMIERE
Ice Road Truckers – Dave Redmon, from the Deadliest Roads: IRT season, joins Rick, Lisa, Alex and Hugh for a new season of IRT that starts with Alex gets stranded and Dave training another new driver, Tony Molesky.
9PM, SUN | FOOD NETWORK – 7TH SEASON PREMIERE
Next Food Network Star – 15 contestants arrive in La-La-Land to vie for the season 7 title, and their first challenge is to dish up a breakfast treat that reflects their personalities and their style of cooking.
10PM, SUN | ANIMAL PLANET – SERIES PREMIERE
Finding Bigfoot – A family in Florida suspects a Bigfoot is living on their property. How very Harry and the Hendersons.
10 and 10:30PM, SUN | TLC – 2ND SEASON PREMIERE
Freaky Eaters – Back-to-back new episodes include a woman addicted to eating cheesy potatoes – okay, not too weird – and a woman who consumes more than 3,000 calories a day worth of … cornstarch. Yep, there’s your titular freakiness.
10PM, SUN | A&E – 2ND SEASON PREMIERE
The Glades – In the sophomore season opener, a Cuban mobster’s daughter is murdered, and Jim has to solve the case tout de suite to avoid a war between rival mob families.
10PM, SUN | BRAVO – 6TH SEASON FINALE
Real Housewives of Orange County – Despite the fact that she just got out of the hospital and is dealing with the end of her marriage, Vicki hosts her annual fall soiree, where several of the Housewives have throwdowns, including that Tamra-throwing-a-drink-at-Jeana scene that’s been teased all season.
11PM, SUN | MTV – SERIES PREMIERE
Teen Wolf – There’s no Michael J. Fox or Jason Bateman this time around – awwwwwwww – But this darker, CW-ish take on the Teen Wolf story is still worth checking out, as Tyler Posey (Lincoln Heights and Brothers & Sisters) plays outsider Scott McCall, who gets bitten by a werewolf and … well, you know.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
- HBO is showing the very underrated Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz action/comedy Knight and Day (Sat., 8PM);
- Doctor Who (Sat., 9PM, BBCA) fans may be, um, surprised by the big reveal in this episode, “The Almost People”;
- Yep, the Saturday night Syfy flick Red Faction: Origins (Sat., 9PM, Syfy), starring Robert Patrick, is set in the world of the Red Faction videogames;
- The new two-hour special Surviving D-Day (Sat., 9PM, Discovery) examines the more unconventional preparations for the June 6, 1944 Normandy invasion;
- An angry cabbie in Detroit and a woman facing obstacles getting her car out of the impound lot in Philly make up a new Parking Wars (Sat., 10PM, A&E);
- On Til Debt Do Us Part (Sat., 10 and 10:30PM, CNBC), one couple asks for Gail’s help with finances, even though one of them is a financial analyst (memo to couple: probably not a good business move);
- A winner is crowned in the season 6 finale of America’s Best Dance Crew (Sun., 7:30PM, MTV);
- Like, ohmygawd, pop star Tiffany is a judge when chefs have to whip up ’80s-inspired cakes on the season premiere of Food Network Challenge (Sun., 8PM, Food Network);
- When Tracy runs into her ex, Mikey (who’s now Olivia‘s boyfriend), there’s loud drama on Jerseylicious (Sun., 8PM, Style);
- Denise goes back to work and Trevor considers Officer Candidate School on Army Wives (Sun., 9PM, Lifetime);
- On the eve of a big wine event, a wine importer is the murder victim on Law & Order: Criminal Intent (Sun., 9PM, USA);
- Season 5 of Locked Up Abroad (Sun., 9PM, NGC) opens with the story of a Scottish chef who moved to Saudi Arabia and began smuggling alcohol into the country … where it is illegal;
- The new series Mancations (Sun., 9PM, Travel) is all about dude getaways, beginning with a vacay to Arizona;
- Gotta see how literal this show’s title is: Man-Eating Super Snake (Sun., 9PM, Animal Planet);
- The wives, and their doofy husband, land in Las Vegas on Sister Wives (Sun., 9PM, TLC);
- A Marine dresses up as a clown and surprises his family at the circus on Coming Home (Sun., 10PM, Lifetime);
- On In Plain Sight (Sun., 10PM, USA), Mary teams with a con artist to catch an even bigger criminal;
- It’s the season 2 premiere of The Real L Word (Sun., 10PM) on Showtime.
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred – returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]
Thanks in favor of sharing such a good thought,......continue
Hi there to every body, it’s my first go......continue