(ALL TIMES ET)
9PM | ABC FAMILY – SERIES PREMIERE
The Lying Game – Another series based on novels by Pretty Little Liars author Sara Shepherd, The Lying Game revolves around twins Emma and Sutton (As the World Turns alum Alexandra Chando). The twins meet for the first time, and foster teen Emma agrees to swap lives with rich kid Sutton, who wants to research the twins’ mother. But when Sutton goes MIA, Emma has to decide whether or not to continue the ruse (duh … there’d be no show if she didn’t). PS – Other stars of the series include Heroes alum Adrian Pasdar and The Office alum Andy “David Wallace” Buckley as Sutton’s dad, Ted.
8PM | VH1
Basketball Wives Reunion Part 1 – You know how the other women hated on Meeka Claxton most of the season? It continues at the reunion.
9PM | TNT
The Closer – Brenda considers hiring an attorney, but it’s Fritz who will have to make the financial sacrifices a high-priced lawyer will necessitate.
9PM | HBO
Gloria: In Her Own Words – Another fine entry in HBO’s summer documentary series, this profile of Gloria Steinem includes interviews with her, as she discusses her career as a journalist, her childhood and her role as an icon of the women’s lib movement of the ’70s.
9PM | FUSE
Top 100 Number Ones – Nick Cannon host this 10-part(!) countdown of hit songs of the 2000s. Hey man, Mariah’s blinged out Ring Pops don’t pay for themselves.
9PM | SYFY
Warehouse 13 – Fargo gets trapped inside a video game that was inspired by Warehouse 13. What a great idea for an actual videogame.
10PM | BRAVO – SERIES PREMIERE
Most Eligible Dallas – The network would have us believe this is the best thing to hit Bravo since Real Housewives. Let’s hope they mean Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and not the Miami or D.C. bunches.
10PM | MTV – 1ST SEASON FINALE
Teen Wolf – Scott has to rely on friends and enemies to try and stop the killings (and reunite with Allison).
10PM | SHOWTIME
Weeds – While Shane thrives in his new internship, Andy and Silas clash over how to run the bike shop/pot store and Nancy’s relationship with her supplier is, um, complicated by the arrival of her old cellmate.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
– Paint-soaked balls are thrown to see who gets eliminated from the Bachelor Pad (8PM, ABC), and guess who Vienna and Kasey target? Yes, of course, Jake;
– Carter talks to Allison about her mental condition on Eureka (8PM, Syfy);
– The top nine complete on Hell’s Kitchen (8PM, Fox);
– A voicemail stirs up drama between Amy and Ricky on Secret Life of the American Teenager (8PM, ABC Family);
– A stressed-out Drew becomes obsessed with his ultimate-fighting workouts on Degrassi (9PM, TeenNick);
– Tonight’s four-ep marathon of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (9PM, Comedy Central) includes the classic “The Nightman Cometh” at 9:30PM;
– Patti Stanger returns for a 5th season of trying to kook up the lovelorn on Millionaire Matchmaker (9PM, Bravo);
– Oh, Austin … he and Derek seem destined to be enemies now (again) on The A-List: New York (10PM, Logo);
– Bill and Gary test their powers with a case outside the team on Alphas (10PM, Syfy);
– On Pawn Star$ (10 and 10:30PM, History), the big get is a pilot license signed by Orville Wright;
– Maura’s mama (guest star Jacqueline Bisset) visits on Rizzoli & Isles (10PM, TNT);
– Thanksgiving family dinner at Cathy’s house turns into a family drama on The Big C (10:30PM, Showtime) when Cathy reveals a big secret.
And the late-night line-up:
- Conan (11PM, TBS): Kathy Griffin;
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (11PM, Comedy Central): Ali Velshi;
- The Colbert Report (11:30PM, Comedy Central): Susan Rice;
- The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS): Harrison Ford (REPEAT);
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35PM, NBC): Train and Olivia Wilde (REPEAT);
- Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05AM, ABC): Betty White;
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM, NBC): Mila Kunis (REPEAT);
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:37AM, CBS): Betty White and Patton Oswalt (REPEAT);
- Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM, NBC): Shane Smith (REPEAT).
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred – returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]
Yeah I agree Mentalist with......continue
I am really inspired together......continue