(ALL TIMES ET)
10PM | USA – 6TH SEASON PREMIERE
Psych – Shawn and Gus take $500 from a kid to recover his stolen Star Wars figure, but while retrieving the collectible, Shawn stumbles upon a dead body and has to fake a psychic vision to lead police to the crime scene. Lassie, of course, isn’t buying Shawn’s ruse, which leads him to hook Mr. Spencer up to a lie detector machine … how will Shawn get out of this one?
8PM | ABC
The Middle – Sue decides to try out for cheerleading, while Brick’s school days are spent trying to defend himself against his class bullies.
8PM | NBC
Up All Night – Chris is very popular at Amy’s playgroup, but Reagan worries she’s not being a good mom because of her hectic schedule.
8:30PM | ABC
Suburgatory – George is a hit with the PTA, which doesn’t make one of his neighbors very happy. Meanwhile, Tessa turns the school newspaper into a tabloid.
9PM | ABC
Modern Family – David Cross continues his guest stint as the obnoxious city councilman who may just inspire Claire to run for officer herself.
9:30PM | ABC
Happy Endings – Megan Mullally guest stars as Penny’s mom, who’s hiding a secret from her daughter.
10PM | CBS
CSI – When a former Vegas mayor gets shot at the Mob Museum, the CSIs have to take a little lesson in Las Vegas history to find clues.
10PM | BBC AMERICA
Luther – Luther begins to have deep feelings for Jenny, while pursuing a serial killer who doesn’t seem to have a motive for his handiwork.
10PM | COMEDY CENTRAL
South Park – The boys play a game of “Texans vs. Mexicans,” and guess who wants to be the U.S. border patrol agent? Of course, Cartman.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
– An unhappy castaway on Redemption Island spills tribal secrets on Survivor (8PM, CBS);
– The remaining contestants go to the judges’ homes for mentoring on The X Factor (8PM, Fox);
– LaToya Jackson and the Kardashian sisters guest star on America’s Next Top Model (9PM, The CW);
– Hotch thinks Jack is being bullied on Criminal Minds (9PM, CBS);
– Harry and Oliver defend a teen cyberbully on Harry’s Law (9PM, NBC);
– On MythBusters (9PM, Discovery): is it possible to walk a straight line while blindfolded?;
– On American Horror Story (10PM, FX), Ben sees a patient who has nightmares about being cut in half;
– On Extreme Couponing (10PM, TLC), a Colorado family of five gets by on student loans and extreme couponing while the dad attends engineering school;
– Grey’s Anatomy alum T.R. Knight guest stars on Law & Order: SVU (10PM, NBC) as a family suspected of being a serial rapist;
– The whole house throws down after Frank brings someone home and has sex throughout the house on The Real World (10PM, MTV);
– Pastry chef Francois Payard is the guest judge as the dessert artists are challenged to turn carnival food into fancy cuisine on Top Chef: Just Desserts (10PM, Bravo);
– On Nick Swardson’s Pretend Time (10:30PM, Comedy Central), skits include an alien paternity test and a cleaning product for very harsh stains.
And the late-night line-up:
– Conan (11PM, TBS): Michael C. Hall;
– The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (11PM, Comedy Central): Ron Paul (REPEAT);
– The Colbert Report (11:30PM, Comedy Central): John Lithgow (REPEAT);
– The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS): Bill Clinton;
– The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35PM, NBC): J.R. Martinez, Zooey Deschanel and Fountains of Wayne;
– Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05AM, ABC): Idris Elba and Rob Lowe;
– Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM, NBC): Michael Phelps and Alan Cumming;
– The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:37AM, CBS): Jim Parsons;
– Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM, NBC): Butch Vig.
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred — returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]