(ALL TIMES ET)
8PM | ABC – SERIES FINALE
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition – Ty Pennington and crew have built more than 200 homes for deserving families in their nine seasons on the air, and as they, sadly, leave primetime as a regular series, they go out in a big, classy way: Building seven homes in seven days, a whole neighborhood, for families in tornado-ravaged Joplin, Missouri.
1PM | ABC – SERIES FINALE
One Life to Live – The citizens of Llanview (Llanviewians?) bid daytime TV adieu, after more than 43 years on the air. Saddest of all: there will be just four daytime soaps left come Monday, and none filming in New York City.
8PM | NBC
Chuck – Bo Derek guest stars as … Bo Derek, and she factors into a mission that includes Morgan facing some blowback from his days as the Intersect. Meanwhile, after tonight, just two more weeks before Chuck and his pals ride off into that big Buy More in the sky.
9PM | CBS
CSI: NY – A perfect family turns out to be anything but, which the CSI-ers discover while investigating a break-in at the fam’s home.
9PM | FOX
Fringe – Peter heads off on a dangerous mission to the alt world, where he plans to confront Walternate.
9PM | NBC
Grimm – When a fugitive seeks vengeance on the people who helped jail him, his tolerance for pain and crazy strength make Nick suspect he might be a monster.
9PM | THE CW
Supernatural – Dean is sent traveling, time traveling, back to 1944, where he is arrested by one Eliot Ness.
10PM | NGC
America’s Most Hated Family – Documentarian Louis Theroux, who once spent and documented a summer with those Westboro Baptist Church folks in Kansas, revisits them for a week and finds out things have changed since last he visited. Oh, they’re still batshit wackadoo, but now the younger members have started to leave the flock, as the rest of them wait for the end of the world and continue to spew hate at pretty much everyone who isn’t one of their own.
10PM | CBS
Blue Bloods – Oh oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh … Danny (Donnie Wahlberg) and Jackie are on the case of a diner murder, and their chief suspect: a fellow cop.
10PM | IFC
Portlandia – It’s the one you’ve been waiting for: Doug and Claire obsess much over Battlestar Galactica.
10PM | NETWORK – 10TH SEASON PREMIERE
Real Time With Bill Maher – Herman Cain is among the guests, though Jon Stewart has pretty much wring all the funny out of that opportunity.
10:30PM | IFC
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret – Todd tries to get Alice a job at her favorite restaurant and … well, you know.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
– A teenage girl abandons her newborn baby at the clinic on A Gifted Man (8PM, CBS);
– Chef Ramsay helps modernize a Georgia eatery on Kitchen Nightmares (8PM, Fox);
– Percy threatens to get all destructive with Division unless Amanda lets him go on Nikita (8PM, The CW);
– New America’s Most Wanted on Lifetime (9PM);
– Tenisha, Sherrie and Jared go to New York to support Shane on his music video on Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boys (9PM, Sundance);
– Deadly Women (10PM, ID) is actually deadly girls tonight, as the episode focuses on murders committed by school-age females.
And the late-night line-up:
– The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS): Tony Bennett and Viggo Mortensen;
– The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35PM, NBC): Jennifer Hudson and Tilda Swinton;
– Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05AM, ABC): Tracy Morgan (REPEAT);
– Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM, NBC): John Mulaney;
– The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:37AM, CBS): Kristen Bell;
– Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM, NBC): Kreayshawn (REPEAT).
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred — returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]