(ALL TIMES ET)
10PM | FX
Justified – Oh, that Boyd (Walton Goggins). How long into last week’s season premiere did it take you to realize what he’d intended to do with his fight with Raylan (Timothy Olyphant)? Tonight, he tries to make a meeting with Dickie Bennett (Jeremy Davies) happen, while Raylan tries to make sure it (and therefore Dickie’s death) doesn’t. Meanwhile, a former colleague of Raylan’s pops into the office, and she looks a lot like Carla Gugino, who, of course, played the titular character in another Elmore Leonard adaptation TV series.
8:30PM | CARTOON NETWORK
The Looney Tunes Show – Bugs has a Nobel Prize, but no shelf to put it on … anthropomorphic bunny problems.
9PM | WE – 2ND SEASON PREMIERE
Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best? – Melissa hosts an intervention to convince Joan not to get more plastic surgery. She may need the TLC people for this one.
9 and 9:30PM | A&E
Shipping Wars – Marc hauls a 1928 train caboose that is in a very fragile state. Well, he’ll haul it assuming it doesn’t fall apart before he can even load it onto his truck.
9PM | NGC – 8TH SEASON FINALE
Taboo – Exploring alternative, unconventional medicines, including an asthma treatment that involves swallowing a while animal. A whole, live animal.
10PM | FOOD NETWORK
Chopped – Root beer schnapps and sweetbreads (bleecchh) are in the baskets as four previous runners-up return for another shot at the $10,000 prize.
10PM | TNT
Southland – Joel Rucker (Carl Lumbly, who’ll always be Dixon to me) becomes the new captain, Ben and Sammy are paired with a hapless officer and Lydia and Ruben work a murder at a convenience store.
10 and 10:30PM | A&E
Storage Wars – The gang heads to San Francisco, where Dave – yuuup – gets an apprentice.
10PM | MTV
Teen Mom 2 – Jenelle continues her massive meltdown by fighting with both Kieffer and her friend Tori.
10PM | USA
White Collar – Will the phrase “hot for teacher” pop up? Perhaps, as Neal poses as a substitute teacher at a prestigious Manhattan prep school to help Peter and the FBI recover some missing scholarship money.
11PM | BRAVO
Watch What Happens: Live – Mary J. Blige in the (club)house!
Worth flipping to during commercials:
– The teams compete to win exclusive use of the gym on The Biggest Loser (8PM, NBC);
– The new series All Star Dealers (8 and 8:30PM, Discovery) follows the wheelings and dealings of sports memorabilia auctioneers.
And the late-night line-up:
– Conan (11PM, TBS): Sam Worthington;
– The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (11PM, Comedy Central): Elizabeth Warren;
– The Colbert Report (11:30PM, Comedy Central): Placido Domingo;
– The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS): Tina Fey (REPEAT);
– The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35PM, NBC): Janet Jackson (REPEAT);
– Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05AM, ABC): Ben McKenzie and Elizabeth Banks;
– Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM, NBC): Judah Friedlander (REPEAT);
– The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:37AM, CBS): Kristen Bell (REPEAT);
– Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM, NBC): Wiz Khalifa (REPEAT).
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred — returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]