(ALL TIMES ET)
9PM | FOX – SERIES PREMIERE
Touch – Kiefer Sutherland is back on TV as New York City widower Martin Bohm, whose autistic son detects patterns in numbers that allow him to predict the future. I know, I know, it’s tough to really get a feel for the show from the commercials. And it’s even tougher when, during a confrontation with a man in the premiere, Kiefer gets punched in the stomach … that never would have happened to Jack Bauer! But once you get past that, and resolve to sit back and enjoy the story as it unfolds at a leisurely and mysterious pace, it’s a fine premise, with an emotional payoff. It’s still not 24, but … definitely worth checking out this preview airing, before the show premieres in its regular timeslot in March.
8PM | FOX
American Idol – The action moves to Aspen, Colorado, where Nicolas Cage‘s kid auditions. I kid. I think.
9PM | CBS
Criminal Minds – In the show’s 150th episode, the team tracks a serial rapist known as “The Piano Man.” I hope Mr. William Joel has his people registering his offense at that name.
10PM | CBS
CSI – Farewell, Marg Helgenberger.
10PM | ID – SERIES PREMIERE
Dark Minds – Yes, it’s like a real-life Silence of the Lambs when crime author M. William Phelps, criminal profiler John Kelly and a convicted serial killer team up to reexamine serial killer cold cases. This reality show’s version of Hannibal Lecter: “13.”
10PM | MTV – 22ND SEASON PREMIERE
c – The contestants arrive in the Dominican Republic to try to win their share of the $300,000 grand prize. The glitch: they’re paired with the ex-boyfriends/girlfriends/flings/one-night stands, etc. in their quest for the cast. Among the pairs unhappy to find out they’re face-to-face (and other body parts-to-body parts during the challenges): C.T. and Diem, who I always thought (hoped) would eventually reunite.
10PM | USA
Royal Pains – Hank goes golfing with Jack (Tom Cavanagh), but has to deliver some bad news. If it’s the news that Ed has been cancelled, we know, and we’re still sad about it.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
- Haley gets help from Dan at the café on One Tree Hill (8PM, The CW);
- Elka’s making crank calls on Hot in Cleveland (10PM, TV Land);
- Cat Cora is the guest judge on Top Chef: Texas (10M, Bravo).
And the late-night line-up:
- Conan (11PM, TBS): Timothy Olyphant and John Mulaney;
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (11PM, Comedy Central): Paula Broadwell;
- The Colbert Report (11:30PM, Comedy Central): Terry Gross;
- The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS): Scarlett Johansson (REPEAT);
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35PM, NBC): Robin Williams (REPEAT);
- Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05AM, ABC): Cuba Gooding Jr.;
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM, NBC): Robin Thicke and Donnie Wahlberg (REPEAT);
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:37AM, CBS): Jean-Michel Cousteau (REPEAT);
- Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM, NBC): Weezer (REPEAT).
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred – returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) [...]
I am really inspired together......continue
hey katey i like how u an......continue
Hello my loved one! I......continue