(ALL TIMES ET)
10PM | USA – 6TH SEASON PREMIERE
Psych – Shawn and Gus take $500 from a kid to recover his stolen Star Wars figure, but while retrieving the collectible, Shawn stumbles upon a dead body and has to fake a psychic vision to lead police to the crime scene. Lassie, of course, isn’t buying Shawn’s ruse, which leads him to hook Mr. Spencer up to a lie detector machine … how will Shawn get out of this one?
8PM | ABC
The Middle – Sue decides to try out for cheerleading, while Brick’s school days are spent trying to defend himself against his class bullies.
8PM | NBC
Up All Night – Chris is very popular at Amy’s playgroup, but Reagan worries she’s not being a good mom because of her hectic schedule.
8:30PM | ABC
Suburgatory – George is a hit with the PTA, which doesn’t make one of his neighbors very happy. Meanwhile, Tessa turns the school newspaper into a tabloid.
9PM | ABC
Modern Family – David Cross continues his guest stint as the obnoxious city councilman who may just inspire Claire to run for officer herself.
9:30PM | ABC
Happy Endings – Megan Mullally guest stars as Penny’s mom, who’s hiding a secret from her daughter.
10PM | CBS
CSI – When a former Vegas mayor gets shot at the Mob Museum, the CSIs have to take a little lesson in Las Vegas history to find clues.
10PM | BBC AMERICA
Luther – Luther begins to have deep feelings for Jenny, while pursuing a serial killer who doesn’t seem to have a motive for his handiwork.
10PM | COMEDY CENTRAL
South Park – The boys play a game of “Texans vs. Mexicans,” and guess who wants to be the U.S. border patrol agent? Of course, Cartman.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
- An unhappy castaway on Redemption Island spills tribal secrets on Survivor (8PM, CBS);
- The remaining contestants go to the judges’ homes for mentoring on The X Factor (8PM, Fox);
- LaToya Jackson and the Kardashian sisters guest star on America’s Next Top Model (9PM, The CW);
- Hotch thinks Jack is being bullied on Criminal Minds (9PM, CBS);
- Harry and Oliver defend a teen cyberbully on Harry’s Law (9PM, NBC);
- On MythBusters (9PM, Discovery): is it possible to walk a straight line while blindfolded?;
- On American Horror Story (10PM, FX), Ben sees a patient who has nightmares about being cut in half;
- On Extreme Couponing (10PM, TLC), a Colorado family of five gets by on student loans and extreme couponing while the dad attends engineering school;
- Grey’s Anatomy alum T.R. Knight guest stars on Law & Order: SVU (10PM, NBC) as a family suspected of being a serial rapist;
- The whole house throws down after Frank brings someone home and has sex throughout the house on The Real World (10PM, MTV);
- Pastry chef Francois Payard is the guest judge as the dessert artists are challenged to turn carnival food into fancy cuisine on Top Chef: Just Desserts (10PM, Bravo);
- On Nick Swardson’s Pretend Time (10:30PM, Comedy Central), skits include an alien paternity test and a cleaning product for very harsh stains.
And the late-night line-up:
- Conan (11PM, TBS): Michael C. Hall;
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (11PM, Comedy Central): Ron Paul (REPEAT);
- The Colbert Report (11:30PM, Comedy Central): John Lithgow (REPEAT);
- The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS): Bill Clinton;
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35PM, NBC): J.R. Martinez, Zooey Deschanel and Fountains of Wayne;
- Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05AM, ABC): Idris Elba and Rob Lowe;
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM, NBC): Michael Phelps and Alan Cumming;
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:37AM, CBS): Jim Parsons;
- Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM, NBC): Butch Vig.
The sixth season of Psych is still a little more than a month away (October 12), but USA has planned a very fan-friendly event to celebrate the occasion – a New York City gathering with the show’s cast and crew – and they’re giving away 500 pairs of tickets for Psych-Os to attend the event.
The details, from USA:
WHAT: PSYCH FAN APPRECIATION DAY. As a thank you to Psych‘s most loyal fans, USA Network is hosting a Fan Appreciation Day featuring an advance screening of the sixth season premiere, Q&As before and after with the cast and creator and a chance to mix and mingle with the greatest Psych-Os of our time. Beginning September 8 at 10AM EST, fans can go to Psych.usanetwork.com to sign up for a chance to win a free pair of tickets to Fan Appreciation Day on October 6 at the historic Ziegfeld Theatre in NYC. All cast members – James Roday, Dulé Hill, Corbin Bernsen, Timothy Omundson, Maggie Lawson, Kirsten Nelson plus series creator Steve Franks will be in attendance. Popcorn, drinks and surprise giveaways will top off an exciting evening. And even fans who can’t make it to the event can catch the action from the comfort of their own homes: USA will stream live coverage of the event, including green carpet interviews and an exclusive cast Q&A.
Fan Appreciation Day is all about the fans, the Psych-Os who have made Psych USA Network’s current longest-running original scripted series, and with nearly two million Facebook fans. The show follows the adventures of a young police consultant who solves crimes with powers of observation so acute, he attempts to convince the precinct detectives that he’s psychic.
The tickets to the screening will be given away via a lottery system and each ticket will include a guest. After fans signs up, they will be notified via e-mail if they have been selected and then will have 48 hours to claim their tickets online.
WHEN TO ENTER TO WIN TICKETS: NOW through September 21
So, what are you waiting for? Season six promises to be another ridiculously fun collection of Psych eps, with installments spoofing/paying homage to vampires, Indiana Jones, baseball, Clue and One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, and a list of guest stars that includes William Shatner (as Juliet’s dad), Molly Ringwald (as the Psych version of Nurse Ratched), Wade Boggs, Wayne Brady, Tony Hale, Jason Priestley, Mekhi Phifer, Corey Feldman, The Miz and Kenan Thompson and Jaleel White as Gus’ one-time bandmates.
Visit Psych.usanetwork.com for your chance to win tickets to Psych Fan Appreciation Day. Good luck, and TVScreener will be there, so hope to see you on the green carpet!
All the tube news that’s fit to surf …
- Billboard has 10 hints about what happens in the Glee season two premiere.
- The Paley Center in New York is launching a TV awards show to rival the Emmys. If they’ll give Katey Sagal the nomination she is past due for Sons of Anarchy, I’ll promise to watch their alt-Emmys show.
- Psych‘s mid-season finale airs tonight, but when the show returns on Nov. 10, the last half of the season will include an homage to Twin Peaks, one of series star James Roday‘s favorite shows. EW.com reports that Peaks stars Sheryl Lee and Sherilyn Fenn are among the cast members who will guest star in the Psych ep.
- Is House star Jennifer Morrison the titular mama in How I Met Your Mother? Could be …
- Actor Glenn Shadix, best known for his role in Beetlejuice (though I remember him best from Seinfeld, as Harold, one of Jerry’s landlords in season two), has died.
- Ken Jenkins, a.k.a. Dr. Bob “What has two thumbs and doesn’t give a crap? Bob Kelso!” Kelso on Scrubs, will reunite with Scrubs guest star Courteney Cox on Cougar Town this season, where he’ll play her character’s dad. PS – ABC has released the first pic of Jennifer Aniston guesting on pal Cox’s show … makes you long for a Friends reunion, no?
- Jersey Shore‘s Snooki has been fined $500 for annoying people. I have no doubt she’ll be a repeat offender.
- And Judd Apatow‘s coming back to TV, as a producer, on a new HBO coming-of-age comedy. The Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared creator certainly knows that genre well.
All the tube news that’s fit to surf …
- Is Lost star Josh Holloway stepping into the role of Jim Rockford for yet another NBC attempt to get that Rockford Files revamp going? I know lots of TVScreener readers are probably still hoping Joe Flanigan’s name will pop up again
- Everything you wanted to know about the Britney Spears episode of Glee, including the first photo from her guest appearance.
- More great guest star news: Michael J. Fox has signed on to guest as an attorney in the new season of The Good Wife, which begins its second season on Sept. 28.
- Another reason to love Stephen Colbert: On Sept. 8 and 9 (11:30PM ET), he’ll host Been There: Won That: The Returnification of the American-Do Troopscape, with the audiences for both nights made up of veterans and active duty service men and women in the studio, as well as by satellite audiences from Walter Reed Hospital, Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Is a work visa standing in the way of Piers Morgan taking over for Larry King at CNN? Could be. According to the New York Post, Morgan’s current visa only covers him for being in the U.S. to work on America’s Got Talent in the summer, and he needs a new, and difficult to get, visa to work in the country year-around.
- Spencer Pratt says he’s writing a tell-all book about his soon-to-be ex-wife, Heidi Montag. It feels like there’s very little we could possibly not already know about either of those publicity junkies.
- Teresa Giudice claims fame, the result of being on Real Housewives of New Jersey, is why she and her family are in the middle of major financial woes. Uh huh …
- More Housewives news: The Real Housewives of Atlanta, which kicks off its third season on Bravo on Oct. 4, will have a couple of new faces in the cast this season.
- Teen Mom, one of my favorite summer guilty pleasures, is the cover story on this week’s US Weekly, including interviews with Farrah, Amber, Maci and Catelynn.
- LOVE the Wall Street Journal story today about how TV writers use their pens (more like laptops) to get even with those who’ve wronged them. Fun, fun read. I asked Psych creator Steve Franks about the Ken Tucker “shout out” when I interviewed him for AOL earlier this year, and he was coy, but didn’t deny it.
- That rumored DIY Network reality show with rapper Vanilla Ice as a home renovator? Not a rumor … The Vanilla Ice Project premieres Oct. 14 and finds the “Ice, Ice Baby” singer fixing up a six-bedroom, five-bathroom, 7,000-square-foot lakefront house in Palm Beach.
- And what do the Jersey Shore doofuses get by the truckload? CVT - condoms, vodka and tanner.
The boys are back, as Psych returns with new season five episodes tonight (10PM ET, USA Network). It’s a change-up for the show, which has aired on Friday nights since its premiere in 2006, but an hour of Shawn (James Roday) and Gus (Dule Hill) shenanigans is certainly something to look forward to mid-week.
Tonight’s episode is a gem — one of the most fun episodes of season four so far — as WWE star John Cena guest stars as Ewen, Juliet’s brother, a military man who’s hiding a big secret from his sis, which leads Shawn to assume Ewen is possibly involved in a murder.
The episode’s also a pivotal one for Shawn and girlfriend Abigail (guest star Rachael Leigh Cook); let’s just say things might be looking up for “Shawniet” fans …
Meanwhile, the Psych devoted who’d like to see the gang in action live should enter USA’s sweepstakes to win a trip to the Psych set, which includes lunch with the cast and signed scripts. Sweet.
And one more Psych note: Send get well soon thoughts to James Roday, who had a little appendectomy surgery last weekend.
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred – returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) [...]
I am really inspired together......continue
hey katey i like how u an......continue
Hello my loved one! I......continue