All the tube news that’s fit to surf …
– The Smoking Gun.com has dug up court papers that suggest Real Housewives of New Jersey‘s Danielle Staub was much more involved in a life of crime than she’s ‘fessed up to. Drug deals and kidnapping were just a couple of charges against her.
– In more Housewives news, Bravo will debut the second season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta on July 30 (10PM ET). NeNe, Kim, Lisa and Sheree are back, but DeShawn, who was deemed too “normal” by producers, has been replaced by new cast member Kandi.
– Also premiering in July: season six of Gordon Ramsay‘s Hell’s Kitchen. This season, which hits Fox on July 21, will offer the contestants a chance to become the head chef at Araxi restaurant in Whistler, British Columbia.
– MTV announced its development slate, which includes a sketch comedy show from Jamie Foxx, an animated comedy about superheroes from Saturday Night Live head writer and Weekend Update anchor Seth Myers and what sounds like a teen version of HBO’s Hung.
– AMC, home of Mad Men and Breaking Bad, has added another original drama series to its line-up: The political thriller Rubicon, which stars 24 vet James Badge Dale (he was Chase, whose hand had to be chopped off by his CTU partner Jack) and Miranda Richardson.
– According to Wetpaint.com’s TV Fandex 100, which measures which shows TV watchers are talking about most on social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook, the most buzzed about series are (in order from one to 10): True Blood, NCIS, House, Weeds, Supernatural, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Bones, The Mentalist, The Tudors and Gossip Girl.
– The Jon & Kate Plus 8 divorce episode, as it will forever be known, earned the show its highest ratings ever with 10.6 million viewers.
– Simon Cowell‘s about to become even filthier rich, yo.
– And tonight in primetime:
– The 22nd season premiere of MTV’s The Real World, this time set in Cancun (10PM)
– The season finale of I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here (8PM, NBC)
– The big red balls of Wipeout on ABC (8PM)
– The series premiere of The Philanthropist on NBC (10PM)
– Survivor: Africa winner Ethan Zohn tries to sell the cereal bowl he invented to Billy Mays on Discovery Channel’s Pitchmen (10PM)
– On Throwdown with Bobby Flay (9PM, Food Network), Bobby makes a classic Southern dish, Country Captain Chicken
– Raineesha and Jones go undercover at a swingers club on Reno 911! (10:30PM, Comedy Central)
– And Criss Angel is the subject of the E! True Hollywood Story (10PM)
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred — returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]