(ALL TIMES ET)
8PM | FOX
American Idol – Preliminary auditions move to Portland, Oregon. Five things about Portland: 1) The city’s nickname is The City of Roses; 2) The Simpsons papa Matt Groening is from Portland; 3) Also from Portland: Beverly Cleary, the author of the beloved Ramona Quimby and Henry and Ribsy books; 4) Home of Powell’s Books = 68,000 square feet of books; and 5) And, of course, it is the home of and inspiration for Portlandia.
8PM | CBS
Super Bowl’s Greatest Commercials – Boomer Esiason and Jillian Michaels co-host this look back at the all-time best SB commercials, and a look ahead at the best ones we’ll see this Sunday.
10PM | ID
Dark Minds – Are the 2006 murders of Atlantic City prostitutes the evil handiwork of the same person who later killed prostitutes in Long Island?
10PM | MTV
Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Exes – Wes is pining for Mandi, while one contestant gets wicked drunk and causes serious issues.
10PM | USA
Royal Pains – Hank’s back probs lead Dr. Van Dyke to fill in for him.
10PM | BRAVO
Top Chef: Texas – Pee-wee Herman‘s the guest, and the chefs have to create “imaginative” pancakes he’ll love. Love so much that he wants to marry them.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
– Julian has a big case of the guilts on One Tree Hill (8PM, The CW);
– On Hot in Cleveland (10PM, TV Land), Elka talks about basketball with Baron Davis, while Susan Lucci visits Victoria.
And the late-night line-up:
– Conan (11PM, TBS): Ringo Starr;
– The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (11PM, Comedy Central): Brad Pitt;
– The Colbert Report (11:30PM, Comedy Central): Ameena Matthews;
– The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS): Howard Stern;
– The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35PM, NBC): Daniel Radcliffe;
– Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05AM, ABC): John Krasinski;
– Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM, NBC): Tim Tebow;
– The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:37AM, CBS): William Shatner;
– Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM, NBC): Glenn Howerton.
Yo no quiero this news: 15-year-old Gidget, better known as the Taco Bell Chihuahua, died Tuesday of a stroke (a doggie stroke? So sad!).
The pooch, who was voiced in the commercials by Reno 911! actor Carlos Alazraqui, also had a small role in Legally Blonde 2, but here’s my favorite Gidget clip: The 1998 commercial where he tries to lure Godzilla to his trap with the promise of free tacos and the hilarious “Heeere, lee-zard, lee-zard, lee-zard!” catchphrase.
And yes, the commercial was waaay more entertaining than the Godzilla movie proved to be.
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred — returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]