(ALL TIMES ET)
10PM | FX
Archer – In one of the TV season’s funniest guest spots, Burt Reynolds, Archer’s hero, lends his voice for “The Man From Jupiter,” in which the Smokey and the Bandit star is dating Archer’s mama, much to Sterling’s chagrin.
8PM | NBC
30 Rock – Kelsey Grammer returns (as himself), to help Jenna and Kenneth with a little issue, while Jack disapproves of Liz’s new boyfriend (guest star James Marsden) and Liz is busy trying to deal with blowback when a Tracy rant hits the Internet. Once again, ripped from today’s headlines …
8PM | FOX
American Idol – The second night of first-round auditions go to Pittsburgh.
8PM | CBS
The Big Bang Theory – In the show’s 100th episode, Leonard invites Penny to a romantic dinner. As Chachi Arcola would say, “Wa-wa-wa.”
8PM | NBC
Parks and Recreation – Leslie and Ben find out that campaigning and romance may not make good bedfellows, while Chris tries to become BFFs with Ron Swanson.
9PM | NBC
The Office – No good can come of this: Erin wants to make Andy jealous, which she attempts to do by flirting with one Dwight K. Schrute.
9PM | LIFETIME
Project Runway All Stars – The designers have to create an elegant cocktail dress. For Miss Piggy. For reals.
10PM | MTV
Jersey Shore – Even though he’s missing his partner in bromance, the recently departed (not dead … he just hightailed it back to Staten Island) Vinny, Pauly celebrates his 31st birthday. Yeah, I know, 31 … told old to be actin’ like such a fool.
10PM | CBS
The Mentalist – Jane goes all Mystery Inc. on the murder of a mobster’s son.
10:30PM | FX – SERIES PREMIERE
Unsupervised – This new Beavis and Butt-head-ish ‘toon revolves around Gary and Joel (voiced by Justin Long and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia producer/actor David “Rickety Cricket” Hornsby), two teen dorks who live largely without the restraints (and supervision) of adults. The series, produced by the It’s Always Sunny gang, also includes voicework from Fred Armisen, Romany Malco, Kristen Bell and Sunny‘s always awesome Kaitlin Olson.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
– Bonnie is reunited with her mom on The Vampire Diaries (8PM, The CW);
– A family edition of winter-themed Wipeout (8PM, ABC) includes “Pain in the Ice” and “Frosty Family Tree”;
– Richard performs his 10,000th surgery on Grey’s Anatomy (9PM, ABC);
– Carter meets Reese on Person of Interest (9PM, CBS);
– Megan Mullally guests as a rival talk show host on Up All Night (9:30PM, NBC);
– Addison and Jake meet with potential surrogates on Private Practice (10PM, ABC);
– Ralph Fiennes visits the clubhouse on Watch What Happens: Live (11PM, Bravo).
And the late-night line-up:
– Conan (11PM, TBS): Owen Smith;
– The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (11PM, Comedy Central): Elizabeth Banks;
– The Colbert Report (11:30PM, Comedy Central): Carrie Rebora Barratt;
– The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS): Kathy Griffin;
– The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35PM, NBC): Mark Cuban;
– Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05AM, ABC): Tom Arnold;
– Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM, NBC): Ewan McGregor;
– The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:37AM, CBS): Steven Wright;
– Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM, NBC): Cory Booker and Foster the People (REPEAT).
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred — returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]