(ALL TIMES ET)
11PM | MTV – SERIES PREMIERE
Chelsea Settles – 23-year-old Pittsburgh native Chelsea moves to Los Angeles to pursue her dream of a career in the fashion industry. Her extra challenge: she’s plus-sized, meaning she’s trying to break into an industry that is not so accepting of anyone who doesn’t wear size 6 or smaller. But I dare you not to root for Chelsea to succeed. Double dare you, even!
8PM | ABC – SERIES PREMIERE
Last Man Standing – Tim Allen‘s back in this sitcom which is exactly like Home Improvement, if a) Tim Taylor had daughters instead of sons and b) wasn’t funny.
8PM | CBS
NCIS – Abby (Pauley Perrette) learns something surprising about her family when she volunteers to be a kidney donor.
9PM | WE
Downsized – Laura and Todd consider going to counseling to work out their financial disagreements, while Bailey worries about paying for her senior photos.
9PM | THE CW
The Ringer – Gemma asks for a favor that could ruin Bridget’s life, and Henry gets some bad news about his writing career.
10PM | FOOD NETWORK
Chopped – Among the mystery basket goodies: edible flowers.
10PM | MTV – 2ND SEASON PREMIERE
I Used to Be Fat – The inspirational show where teens try to get healthy and change their lives before heading off to college returns with Josh, a 310-pound teen who wants to lose weight so he can play sports with his family.
10PM | NBC
Parenthood – Sarah and Mark fans, turbulence ahead: Seth (John Corbett) returns.
10PM | FX
Sons of Anarchy – Oh, Juice. That missing package of drugs is causing all kinds of problems for the club, as is the pressure Juice is under from new lawman Roosevelt. Meanwhile, Clay’s plan for Tara is making for some very scary potential storylines in Charming, i.e. the show has gotten soooo good in the last few weeks.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
– Mike Epps hosts the sixth annual Hip Hop Awards (8PM, BET);
– The players try to win letters from home on The Biggest Loser (8PM, NBC);
– Someone gets kicked to the curb on Dancing With the Stars (8PM, ABC);
– Hetty reveals some details to Callen about his past on NCIS: Los Angeles (9PM, CBS);
– On Unforgettable (10PM, CBS), when a crime scene is destroyed by a fire, Carrie’s memory of the scene provides the only clues for a murder investigation.
And the late-night line-up:
– Conan (11PM, TBS): Merle Haggard and Will Arnett;
– The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (11PM, Comedy Central): Hugh Jackman (REPEAT);
– The Colbert Report (11:30PM, Comedy Central): Mark Cuban (REPEAT);
– The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS): Matthew Broderick;
– The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35PM, NBC): Julie Bowen;
– Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05AM, ABC): Don Rickles;
– Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM, NBC): Samuel L. Jackson;
– The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:37AM, CBS): Steven Wright;
– Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM, NBC): Roy Choi.
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred — returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]