All the tube news that’s fit to surf …
- 24 season eight: a month and a half away. But new promo photos from the new season: just a click away.
- FX has confirmed their midseason premiere dates, including Jan. 6 for the rollout of the last batch of Nip/Tuck episodes (has that show gotten even crazier this year, or what? It’s like watching Oz again with that Matt storyline) and Jan. 25 for the third season premiere of Damages.
- A reality star – from VH1′s Tool Academy – has crawled out of the woodwork (well, she’s crawled out of somewhere) to claim she’s been having a years-long affair with the suddenly beleaguered Tiger Woods.
- It’s official: Thanks to the World Series, Fox nabbed its first-ever November Sweeps win.
- Good news: The Reeg‘s hip replacement surgery went off without a hitch.
- Reality TV star and tabloid magnet Nicole Richie, who guest starred in an episode of Chuck, will star in an ABC sitcom pilot loosely based on her own life and wacky family background (she was raised by pop star Lionel Richie and his ex-wife after friends of the Richies allowed the singer and his wife to adopt Nicole).
- Poor Zack Morris. TBS has canceled the legal drama Raising the Bar.
- CBS’ Three Rivers is also on the chopping block, as the network has yanked the medical drama from its schedule, effective this Sunday.
- Does anyone still care about American Idol season three winner Fantasia? IF so, mark Jan. 11 on your calendar; a new VH1 reality series, Fantasia For Real, premieres that night and updates fans on her life as a single mom and her musical career.
- Think getting one of those tricked out houses on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is a blessing? Not for every family, turns out.
- Will Adam Lambert make a guest appearance on Gossip Girl? If he has anything to say about, yes, as he’s a self-admitted “geek” for the show.
- And tonight in primetime: The Sons of Anarchy season two finale at 10PM ET (FX).
All the tube news that’s fit to surf …
- It’s official: The CW has announced that Heather Locklear will rejoin the cast of the new Melrose Place, beginning with the Nov. 17 episode.
- The first new show of the season to get a pick up for season two: Fox’s Glee.
- There’s Psych and The Mentalist, and now Discovery Channel may air a series about a real-life mentalist.
- House star Hugh Laurie is suffering for his art: the actor says faking his character’s limp is causing him real pain.
- “Surreal” is how judge Carrie Ann Inaba described Tom DeLay‘s performance on Dancing With the Stars last night, and that really is the only word that fits. Check out the video here if you missed it.
- NBC’s new nurse-focused medical drama Mercy (which premieres Sept. 23 at 8PM ET) prompted The Daily Beast to compile a list of the 15 Top TV Nurses.
- Thanks to TVTattle.com for the link to The Office‘s Jim and Pam wedding page.
- Cool guest star news: Comedy legend Betty White will play herself on an upcoming episode of 30 Rock.
- And more casting awesomeness, from USA Today: Lily Tomlin and Martin Short will join Damages next season, with Tomlin playing the head of a family who’s taking on Patty Hewes (Emmy winner Glenn Close), while Short plays Tomlin’s attorney and, as previously announced, Campbell Scott will play Tomlin’s son. Damages‘ third season is scheduled to premiere on FX in January 2010.
- And tonight in primetime:
- NCIS premieres its seventh season on CBS (8PM ET)
- It’s week two of The Biggest Loser (8PM, NBC)
- New 90210 at 8PM on The CW
- It’s a two-hour episode of Hell’s Kitchen on Fox (8PM)
- The female celebs perform on Dancing With the Stars (8PM, ABC)
- Warehouse 13 ends its first season with a great cliffhanger (9PM, SyFy)
- Now’s the time to start watching the new Melrose Place (9PM, The CW) with Heather Locklear’s return on the way
- The Universe (9PM, History) imagines 10 ways Earth could be destroyed
- On Sons of Anarchy (10PM, FX), Zobelle tries to get Hale to cook up trouble for SAMCRO
- Pee Wee Herman and Amy Poehler are the guests on The Jay Leno Show (10PM, NBC)
- Jeff turns to his dad for advice when he feels betrayed by a friend on Flipping Out (10PM, Bravo)
- New Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock Hotel episode on truTV (10PM)
- Sundance Channel has the second episode of the Brick City miniseries (10PM), following the mayor of Newark, NJ as he tries to rejuvenate his troubled city
NEW SERIES PREMIERE ALERTS:
- NCIS: LOS ANGELES (9PM, CBS) Chris O’Donnell and LL Cool J star in this spin-off of NCIS
VERDICT: If you dig the original, this likable spin-off makes for a good two-hour block of viewing
- THE FORGOTTEN (10PM, ABC) The Jerry Bruckheimer-produced drama follows The Forgotten Network – led by Christian Slater‘s Alex Donovan – a group of volunteers who try to solve murders involving unidentified corpses.
VERDICT: Interesting if a) there’s nothing better on and/or b) you want to build a stash of dramas on the TiVo. When you hear Christian Slater is the lead on a TV show, you expect to see a lot of Christian Slater, and he really plays more of a co-star here, to both the rest of the cast and the premise (it is a Bruckheimer show, after all). Also, while watching, you keep asking yourself: Who has this much time on their hands? These people are doing the work of a police squad … as volunteers.
- THE GOOD WIFE (10PM, CBS) Julianna Margulies is a stay-at-home mom who has to return to work as an attorney when her politician hubby (Chris Noth) is caught in a sex and corruption scandal
VERDICT: Two big thumbs up. After all, who hasn’t wondered what happens after all those disgraced politicians’ mea culpa press conferences?
- THE NAUGHTY KITCHEN WITH CHEF BLYTHE BECK (10PM, Oxygen) Sassy Chef Beck tries to revamp a Dallas restaurant with her larger-than-life ideas and personality, which, inevitably, rub some people the wrong way
VERDICT: A very fun alternative to the perky, sometimes saccharine female hosts on the Food Network
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred – returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) [...]
I am really inspired together......continue
hey katey i like how u an......continue
Hello my loved one! I......continue