All the tube news that’s fit to surf …
- The fact that Neil Patrick Harris is hosting this year’s Tony Awards (Sunday, CBS, 8PM ET) makes it the first Tonys show I’ve had any interest in watching, and the “Top 10 Signs You’ve Hired a Bad Tony Awards Host” list that NPH delivered on Late Show with David Letterman last night made me that much more excited to see how the How I Met Your Mother star can liven up the event. The list, BTW, was one of the best recent Top 10s, particularly the cheeky nods to the Eminem/Bruno brouhaha and the Jeremy Piven Broadway scandal.
- Speaking of award show hosts, Craig Ferguson as Emmy host? Yes, that should definitely happen.
- Ovation TV will air a documentary tribute to the late Heath Ledger this summer.
- Kung Fu star David Carradine‘s death may have taken a turn from sad to sad and creepy.
- Were the Dawson’s Creek kids really “four monstrous actors” once they got crazy famous on the show? A DC showrunner says so.
- If you haven’t read producer Josh Friedman‘s blog post about the end of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, check it out now. It’s hilarious, and sad, and is a reminder of how, no matter how much a fan base may love a show, it always comes down to business.
- The Shield leads all nominees for the Television Critics Association Awards, and if that makes you realize how much you miss Vic Mackey and the gang, check out what the cast says about the possibility of a big-screen Shield movie. Do we dare to hope?
- Guess who’ll be back on the island – or somewhere in the Lost universe – for the sixth and final season? Aaron’s mama Claire.
- And an article in Newsweek about how reality TV makes women look stupid makes some interesting points, though I’d suggest the author watch a couple of episodes of The Hills. From Spencer Pratt to Justin Bobby, and almost every other dude in between, these aren’t exactly flattering portraits of the American male, either. Not to mention Jon Gosselin, at least half the male Real World-ers, Danny Bonaduce, Flavor Flav, Survivor‘s “Johnny Fairplay” …
This’ll get you even more excited about the June 8 fifth season premiere of Weeds: a commercial for “The University of Andy,” the school of thought by Weeds scene stealer Andy Botwin (Justin Kirk), where you can study such disciplines as Pleasing the Opposite Sex, Holding Your Liquor, Surviving Animal Attacks, Crazy Girls, Archery, Foreign Chicks, Daytime Television, Electrical Engineering, and, of course, TV/VCR Repair.
The Weeds cast is a stellar one, with Mary-Lousie Parker, Elizabeth Perkins and Kevin Nealon all Emmy-worthy, but I think the fact that Kirk hasn’t even received a nomination for his role as Andy is right up there with the inexplicable snubbing by the Emmy folk of Scrubs star John C. McGinley. It’s just kookie!
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred – returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) [...]
I am really inspired together......continue
hey katey i like how u an......continue
Hello my loved one! I......continue