(ALL TIMES ET)
10PM | SHOWTIME – 7TH SEASON FINALE
Weeds – The season lost a little steam towards the end, but here’s hoping for a last-minute rebound as Nancy deals with the fact that one son, Silas, is not on her side, while the other, Shane, is trying to protect her from Detective Ouellette. And then there’s Doug, who’s desperately trying to keep his hedge fund scam going.
CHECK LOCAL LISTINGS FOR TIME AND CHANNEL | PBS – 42ND SEASON PREMIERE
Sesame Street – Science and technology are the themes for the new season, which will also include spoofs on Glee and The Deadliest Catch and guest stars like Robin Williams, Seth Rogen, Mila Kunis, John Krasinski, Joel McHale and Andy Samberg.
1PM | ABC – SERIES PREMIERE
The Chew – Mario Batali, Top Chef alum Carla Hall, What Not to Wear co-host Clinton Kelly and Food Network chef Michael Symon host this daily foodie show that replaces All My Children.
8PM | THE CW – 5TH SEASON PREMIERE
Gossip Girl – Serena makes a big boo-boo at her Hollywood job, and, while visiting her in Los Angeles, Nate meets an older woman (Elizabeth Hurley).
8PM | CBS
How I Met Your Mother – Ted tries to make nice with a girl he once cheated on, while Barney makes a bet with Marshall and Lily that may mean Marshall has to wear Barney’s ducky tie.
8PM | FOX – SERIES PREMIERE
Terra Nova – The sci-fi drama finds colonists (including Life on Mars star Jason O’Mara) travelling back to prehistoric times to create a new civilization because, well, their present one has become so miserable. Of course, they’re going to have to deal with dinosaurs that want to eat them, and a military-minded leader (Avatar‘s Stephen Lang) who wants them to fit neatly into his agenda. Yeah, I know, I can’t help but think Land of the Lost myself, but at least the special effects are less cheesy, as they should be considering Steven Spielberg is among the show’s producers. Bottom line: to watch or not to watch … yes, definitely worth checking out, but don’t set that season pass just yet.
9PM | THE CW – SERIES PREMIERE
Hart of Dixie – Rachel Bilson plays a heart surgeon who moves to a small town in Alabama to share a practice when she’s told she needs to work on her bedside manner. Lost you at “Rachel Bilson plays a heart surgeon,” didn’t I? The O.C. alum has her charms, but this show might not be the best use of them. Still, I’ll probably watch a couple more episodes, especially since equally charming Friday Night Lights alums Scott Porter and Cress Williams are in the cast.
9PM | BRAVO
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills – It’s been all about Taylor so far this season, but the new chick enters the fray tonight when Kyle hosts a charity event and Brandi Glanville, the ex-Mrs. Eddie Cibrian, attends and immediately ruffles some feathers.
10PM | LOGO
The A-List: New York – Derek and the gang head to Atlantic City for Austin‘s bachelor party and Nyasha‘s concert.
10PM | ABC
Castle – Castle and Beckett are chasing a vigilante who may be responsible for murder and who also may be wearing a superhero costume while out doing his vigilante work.
10PM | CBS
Hawaii Five-O – So … that happened last week. Tonight, the action continues as McGarrett’s back in action, but the Governor assigns a new officer to keep an eye on McGarrett and the Five-0 team.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
- The jive and the quickstep are on tap for the contestants on tonight’s Dancing With the Stars (8PM, ABC);
- Eight more groups perform in the second part of the season premiere of The Sing-Off (8PM, NBC);
- The Bling Ring (9PM, Lifetime) is the Lifetime flick, starring Jennifer Grey, based on the true story of the group of teens who burglarized celebs’ homes in Hollywood in 2008 and 2009;
- The weekly four-ep It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia marathon on Comedy Central (9PM) includes the gang’s Lethal Weapon 5 flick;
- Season two of Mike & Molly (9:30PM, CBS) opens with Molly (awesome first time Emmy winner Melissa McCarthy) starting to plan her wedding to Mike;
- On Alphas (10PM, Syfy), season one wraps with Red Flag stepping up its war on the Department of Defense;
- On Cake Boss (10PM, TLC), Buddy bakes an edible chandelier cake that has to hang upside down;
- A Civil War drum is among the goodies brought into the store on back-to-back Pawn Star$ (10PM, History);
- On the season two finale of The Big C (10:30PM, Showtime), Cathy decides to do something special to ring in the New Year after Lee’s death;
- John-John finds out that one of his relatives is a zombie on Death Valley (10:30PM, MTV).
And the late-night line-up:
- Conan (11PM, TBS): Kevin Hart, Neal Brennan and Taylor Lautner;
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (11PM, Comedy Central): Ron Paul;
- The Colbert Report (11:30PM, Comedy Central): Radiohead;
- The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS): Seth Rogen;
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35PM, NBC): Ryan Gosling;
- Jimmy Kimmel Live (12:05AM, ABC): Dana Delany;
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM, NBC): Elmo and Andy Samberg;
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12:37AM, CBS): Jonah Hill;
- Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM, NBC): The Decemberists and David Guetta.
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred – returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) [...]
I am really inspired together......continue
hey katey i like how u an......continue
Hello my loved one! I......continue