(ALL TIMES ET)
10PM | FOOD NETWORK
Restaurant: Impossible – Sure, it’s already been done, and is still being done on Fox’s Friday nights, in fact, by Gordon Ramsay, but don’t write this Food Network version of Kitchen Nightmares off. Gordo’s antics have worn thin, especially since many of his makeovers seem to revolve more around his own ego than around helping out struggling restaurant owners. But Restaurant: Impossible host Chef Robert Irvine not only appears to be invested in helping his clients first and foremost, but he performs some pretty impressive menu, decor and attitude makeovers on a tight $10,000 budget for each episode. Tonight, Robert heads off to Rascal’s BBQ & Crab House in New Castle, Delaware, where he’s dismayed to find a filthy kitchen, mounds of garbage and very few customers. Let’s just say the Rascal’s folks will test his budget and his patience.
8PM | FOX
American Idol – First round auditions continue in Austin. Steven Tyler‘s first round creepiness in flirting with 16-year-olds also continues in Austin.
9PM | HISTORY CHANNEL
Bigfoot: The Definitive Guide – Seeking to prove – or disprove – once and for all the existence of Bigfoot, a.k.a. Sasquatch.
9PM | FOX
Human Target – Tony “Buster Bluth” Hale is back as bumbling P.I. Harry. Here’s hoping that Arrested Development movie happens soon, because we don’t get to see enough of that guy.
9PM | TLC
My Strange Addiction – Tonight’s subjects: A woman addicted to cleaning her house and another woman who’s obsessed with collecting rocks. Nope, both of those things still seem perfectly normal compared to last week’s sex doll guy.
10PM | CBS
Blue Bloods – An undercover counterterrorism agent is shot and Frank (Tom Selleck) assigns the investigation to the only man he knows he can trust: His son Danny (Donnie Wahlberg). But because the agent was trying to infiltrate a sleeper cell and Frank doesn’t want to blow his cover, Danny can’t tell anyone what he’s investigating.
10PM | SYFY
Face Off – For tonight’s challenge on this fun special effects makeup competition series, the contestants have to do full body makeup presentations. And yes, the Face Off host is Sheridan Crane.
10PM | MTV
I Used to Be Fat – So much good TV, way too much of it on at 10PM. Like this inspiring weight loss series, which focuses on teens like Daria, a lonely girl whose attempts to shed extra pounds would get a big boost if only she had her mother’s support.
10PM | BRAVO
Top Chef: All-Stars – Creating a three-course Italian meal is the challenge, and the contestants have some tough guest judges to impress in Isaac Mizrahi and The Sopranos‘ Lorraine Bracco.
10:30PM | A&E
Storage Wars – What makes this show so compelling? The big personalities, sure, but I think we’re also truly fascinated by stuff … the stuff people will pay good money to store, and the stuff that people will abandon, even though they once paid good money to store it. In tonight’s episode, those aforementioned big personalities head to Las Vegas to scope out new old stuff.
Worth flipping to during commercials:
- A fascinating installment on how the brain really works includes Penn and Teller explaining how the brain processes visual info, while Mo Rocca shares what he learns about mind control on Nova scienceNow (8PM, PBS);
- On Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles (9PM, Travel Channel), Adam visits Katz Deli in New York City, a.k.a. the place where Meg Ryan really enjoyed her sandwich in When Harry Met Sally;
- A billionaire (guest star Colm Feore) uses his cash, and his well-paid attorney, to derail a charge against him of sexually abusing a teenage girl on Law & Order: SVU (10PM, NBC);
- Erica tries to get over her breakup with Ethan, while Dr. Tom wants to talk about Claire on Being Erica (11PM, SOAPnet);
- Friends alum, and star of the upcoming ABC comedy Mr. Sunshine, Matthew Perry, visits The Daily Show (11PM, Comedy Central);
- And the always hilarious Jim Gaffigan visits The Late Show with David Letterman (11:35PM, CBS).
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred – returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) [...]
I am really inspired together......continue
hey katey i like how u an......continue
Hello my loved one! I......continue