All the tube news that’s fit to surf …
- Must See TV tonight: The endearing, awesomely talented John Goodman, he of the recent incredible weight loss, on The Late Show with David Letterman. Guessing that his new healthier bod will be a major topic of conversation, so it’ll be cool to hear how he did it. Seriously, dude looks fantastic, and like 20 years younger.
- Must At Least TiVo TV tonight: The premiere of Hot in Cleveland on TV Land. It’s a very, very broad comedy (and I’m not talking about the all-female cast), of which I am not usually a fan, but how do you not watch a show that brings Betty White back to the tube on a weekly basis?
- That chick that wowed you with her rendition of “At Last” on last night’s America’s Got Talent? She’s the mom of Precious Oscar nominee Gabourey Sidibe.
- My friend Scott and I were just discussing how we’re experiencing Bachelor/Bachelorette overkill, and here comes yet another entry in the franchise line-up: Bachelor Pad, the Big Brother-meets-The Bachelor spin-off, will debut on ABC on August 9 and include hosts Chris Harrison and Melissa Rycroft, as well as Bachelor alumni Tenley Molzahan, Wed Hayden, Craig McKinnon, Gia Allemand, Jonathan Novack, Michelle Kujawa (last season’s “emotional” Jake Pavelka bachelorette) and Kiptyn Locke among the contestants.
- Speaking of overkill, I have to ‘fess up to watching every incarnation of the Real Housewives series, but the upcoming D.C. batch are kinda boring me before the show even premieres. There’s already so much drama, real drama that actually affects most of us in some way, in D.C., that it’s hard to even pretend to take these particular reality star wannabes too seriously, ya know?
- Speaking of boring, TMZ.com reports that Sammi and Ronnie, last season’s Jersey Shore lovebirds, have proven to be so boring in season two that MTV is considering replacing them for season three. Meanwhile, can you imagine we’ll still care enough/be amused by enough these people to tune in for a third season?
- You have to give him this: he’s committed. A professional cartographer, and presumably huge Lost fan, has created a very cool map of the Lost island.
- Here’s a Sons of Anarchy fan’s visit to the SOA set, complete with Q+A with series creator (and portrayer of Big Otto … and real-life husband of series star Katey Sagal) Kurt Sutter.
- Syfy is developing a fun new show about Hollywood memorabilia.
- And if you’re in Los Angeles this week, try to hook up with USA Network‘s Emmy promo ice cream truck, where the network is handing out ice cream sandwiches for each of their shows, including “The Monk” (vanilla bean), “The Psych” (brown butter candied bacon), “The In Plain Sight” (chocolate chipotle) and “The Royal Pains” (balsamic fig and mascarpone).
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred – returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]
I absolutely love your blog and find the......continue
The best part of working online is that I am......continue