All the tube news that’s fit to surf …
- MTV is planning a spin-off of its terrific 16 & Pregnant series: Teen Mom will chronicle the everyday lives of, as the title says, teen moms, including four of the girls we met on 16 & Pregnant. The show will premiere in 2010.
- Another roadblock to Chuck and Sarah getting together on Chuck next season: Smallville‘s Kristin Kreuk has joined the cast as a new Buy More employee and a new love interest for Mr. Bartowski.
- Oprah has announced the line-up for the first week of her 24th season: A two-day interview with Whitney Houston on Sept. 14 and 15, a “remembrance” of Michael Jackson on Sept. 16 (because there’s certainly been a lack of that in that last two months), Dr. Phil on Sept. 17 (the first time he’s been on her show in seven years) and the Big O’s book club selection and guests Regis Philbin, Kelly Ripa and Mariah Carey on Sept. 18.
- The Big O has also planned a chat with Michael Moore about his upcoming documentary Capitalism: A Love Story. The episode will air on Oprah’s show on Sept. 22.
- Without a Trace creator Hank Steinberg is developing a remake of the British drama series Prime Suspect.
- Seen the Gossip Girl clothing line that debuts at Target next week? Some of it is kinda cute.
- And tonight in primetime:
- Another eviction on Big Brother 11 (8PM ET, CBS)
- Freddie is frustrated with his sister and gets closer to Effy on a new Skins on BBC America (9PM)
- On Disaster Lab (9PM, NGC), an avalanche is simulated to study how to deal with a real one
- On Marked (9PM, History): an examination of motorcycle gang tattoos
- Kandi‘s dealing with a family situation and Kim tries to make nice with Lisa on The Real Housewives of Atlanta (10PM, Bravo)
- New Project Runway on Lifetime (10PM)
- A pirate ship cake? Arrrrgh. On Ace of Cakes (10PM, Food Network)
- The gang is hired to deal with a bedbug issue on Verminators (10PM, Discovery)
All the tube news that’s fit to surf …
- VH1 has broken up with reality dating series Megan Wants a Millionaire in light of charges that one of the contestants – rumored to be a finalist on the show – is suspected of murdering his wife.
- RadarOnline.com claims Fox is using focus groups to decide whether or not to try to get Paula Abdul back on the American Idol judges panel.
- Here’s a video of 60 Minutes creator Don Hewitt, who died today at 86, discussing his long news career.
- Cheers star Shelley Long has joined the cast of ABC’s Ed O’Neill comedy Modern Family (one of the best new sitcoms for fall), where she’ll play the ex-wife of O’Neill’s Jay.
- A few lucky iTunes users who have a season pass for the third season of Mad Men got an accidental sneak peek at the next couple of episodes.
- Nicole Kidman makes a surprise – well, maybe not now – cameo appearance on the Thursday premiere of Project Runway: All-Star Challenge on Lifetime.
- Hell to the yes: Oprah kicks off the 24th season of her show on Sept. 14 with an interview with Whitney Houston.
- Oliver Stone’s Secret American History will be a 10-part documentary miniseries the JFK, Nixon and W director will narrate for Showtime next year. Too bad Seinfeld isn’t still around to mock it.
- If the next season of 24 is the show’s last, it probably won’t find Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) reuniting with girlfriend Audrey Raines (Kim Raver) says producer Evan Katz. Eh … do we care? Whenever the show ends, I just hope it ends in a way that makes big-screen sequels a possibility.
- Having Britney Spears read the top ten list on The Late Show sounded like a funny idea in theory. In practice? Not so much.
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred – returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]
Hi there to every body, it’s my first go......continue
I absolutely love your blog and find the......continue
The best part of working online is that I am......continue