I haven’t caught the Dancing With the Stars or So You Think You Can Dance bugs, but I love the idea of ABC’s Let’s Dance, the upcoming reality series in which celebs will be asked to re-create famous dance routines, like Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze‘s Dirty Dancing number or Britney Spears‘ dance from the “Oops, I Did It Again” video (which Jack and Grace also memorably performed on an episode of Will & Grace).
What other famous dances might the celebs on Let’s Dance shake their groove thangs to? How ’bout these memorable TV toe tappers …
– Turk’s re-enactment of the Bel Biv DeVoe “Poison” video on Scrubs – As Janitor says, “He’s so damn talented.”
– The Batusi – He may have been the Caped Crusader, but he’s one big spazzoid on the dance floor.
All the tube news that’s fit to surf …
– Hey, yeah! TheWrap.com asks the question, If Kal Penn left House to work for the Obama White House, why isn’t he there yet?
– And don’t miss the two-part TheWrap.com investigation into just how dire post-reality TV life is for some of its stars. Not everyone turns reality TV stardom into a thriving career like Elizabeth Hasselbeck has, of course. But some of the cast-offs have been so haunted by their short-lived fame, or infamy, that they’ve committed suicide.
– Whoa: The Big O has been dethroned as the most powerful celeb in the world, says Forbes mag.
– A&E has reportedly decided to cancel The Beast, the Patrick Swayze drama that failed to pull in big ratings.
– After being bounced from the Iron Man movie series, Terrence Howard is bringing his considerable talents to the tube for an upcoming cop drama.
– The people have spoken, and they’ve declared in Ted Casablanca‘s The Awful Truth column that Spencer Pratt is The Most Awful Celeb in Hollywood. But somehow, I think the arrogant one will just see it not as an insult, but as confirmation that he is considered a celeb.
– Prison Break alum Robert “T-Bag” Knepper will be the newest Heroes villain next season. May have to actually start watching again.
– Kris Allen, you just won American Idol, what are you going to do next? Um, play a Wal-Mart shareholders meeting.
– Once and for all: Eminem was in on the Bruno joke at the MTV Movie Awards.
Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand and Louis C.K. are getting most of the attention, but I’m most excited that one of the best new shows of last TV season — Wilfred — returns for its second season on FX tonight (10PM ET). Season one of the series ended with a cliffhanger — had Ryan (Elijah Wood) […]
Yeah I agree Mentalist with......continue